Looking for alternative to Bose Tri-Ports
Dec 16, 2005 at 9:47 PM Post #16 of 20
I didn't comment on the Triports sound. I haven't heard them for long enough to be definitive, but I didn't think they sounded bad for what they are and I didn't think they were that good. What's clear though is that they do have a very specific niche to themselves.

If you are concerned about ruggedness, you can probably forget the Triports... and the HD25-1 once again raises it's head.

The DT231 looks rather as though you melted a regular pair of phones. I think I might have commented on it before, but the standard version is moulded out of a plastic of an unfortunate hue, while the Galactic is horribly dated with the iMac-craze translucent cups. Extremely good sounding phones for the money, but offering nothing in the way of isolation and a half-on, half-off the ear fit which is not particularly comfortable.

Dec 16, 2005 at 10:37 PM Post #18 of 20
I was shopping earlier with really similar needs and price range to yours. I was totally sold on the HD 25 SP from Sennheiser until I decided to revise my budget and attend to my home stereo needs (I ended up with the Sennheiser HD201 and then the Koss KSC35). It has a very similar shape and size, but the folks who have heard both say they sound different (with the orignal HD 25 being preferable).

It's not like the HD 25 1 is gianormous, so what's keeping you from taking it portable? I don't know if the cable is removeable like some of their other models, but if it is, I think you oughta invest some money in a decent portable length cable for them...

Dec 16, 2005 at 10:40 PM Post #19 of 20
As he said, he doesn't like the supraaural fit. I can understand this... you definitely do not forget they are there. Whether they're a pain depends on your physiology. I find them wearable for about two hours max before I have to take a break. Fortunately my commutes usually don't last that long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back