Looking for airline ticket deals...
May 2, 2005 at 6:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

sactoguy

New Head-Fier
A n00b member needs help.
biggrin.gif

I've been searching for some sites that offer great deals on airline tickets, but not so many. Any recommendation?

May 2, 2005 at 12:50 PM Post #2 of 7
Are you a student? Can you pass for one? If so, StudentUniverse and STA Travel are quite cheap. I'm about to get a round-trip from Greenville/Spartanburg SC to Omaha NE for barely over $200.

If not, cheapest I found elsewhere was Hotwire, but you have no choice over time of day, airline, seating, or anything like that. Still, if you're flexible, the prices are quite reasonable.

May 2, 2005 at 12:57 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephonovich
Are you a student? Can you pass for one? If so, StudentUniverse and STA Travel are quite cheap. I'm about to get a round-trip from Greenville/Spartanburg SC to Omaha NE for barely over $200.

Man Stepho, you're too cool. I hope it's good for int'l students too. You just saved me a fortune
biggrin.gif

May 2, 2005 at 1:02 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by pank2002
Man Stepho, you're too cool. I hope it's good for int'l students too. You just saved me a fortune
biggrin.gif

STA Travel, anyway, has this page specifically for Denmark. They seem to be more lenient overall in what they require to purchase a ticket. And a bit cheaper.

But anyway, yeah, the prices are wonderful. I was looking around one night for tickets, and getting increasingly depressed as the average cost was about $350-$400. Then it dawned on me that lots of places give student discounts, so I Googled it. Boom! Ain't it cool?

May 2, 2005 at 9:35 PM Post #5 of 7
Same story here (being depressed by the current price of tickets.)
I already have a ticket to JFK and from there I need to get Denver in the high season. Using travelocity it came out with $400 one way tickets, so I though if just ****ing my trip, but I this seem promising. Like sub-$300 JFK-DEN-JFK
biggrin.gif

May 3, 2005 at 8:06 AM Post #6 of 7
Heh, either STA or whatever shows up on the google banner
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back