Looking for afordable/durable earphones with best isolation
Jan 10, 2014 at 12:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

marina

New Head-Fier
I mostly use my headphones to listen to audiobooks rather than music, so sound quality isn't very important. What I need is some good isolation to cut off all the outside noise:) I used to have Etymotic hf5, which were absolutely awesome in terms of isolation, but cable disintegrated in less than a year.  I generally tend to kill my headphones very quickly, thus looking for something not very expensive or something very durable. Any ideas what to get?
Thanks!

Jan 10, 2014 at 12:59 AM Post #2 of 5
Might be more than you want to spend but the following is what I found to be the best iem for audiobook, radio, podcast, etc. It took me a few years of trying various "cheap" earbuds for non-music listening but I settled on these. I have both the single and double ended ones. The seal is perfect, they're almost indestructible, and I can lay my head on my pillow and hardly feel them. No affiliation to seller. Just a satisfied customer.

S-plug IEM

S-plug IEM

Jan 12, 2014 at 11:12 PM Post #4 of 5
  Those look very interesting! A bit expensive, but its a good option:) Any other suggestions?

For about $100, you might try the Shure SE215...great isolation and good sound for the price should you ever decide to put some tunes through them.  Very comfortable as well.

Jan 14, 2014 at 7:57 PM Post #5 of 5

For about $100, you might try the Shure SE215...great isolation and good sound for the price should you ever decide to put some tunes through them.  Very comfortable as well.

+1 for the SE215. Good isolation and replaceable cables. The MEElectronics A151 is another option. Good isolator with an excellent braided cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back