Looking for advice.
Oct 5, 2012 at 11:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Rnich34

New Head-Fier
I will be flying from COnnecticut to California in December. I currently own and wear beyer DT 770s for about a year and love them, but fear that plane noise will eat them up. I'm looking for something that won't let me down sound wise but will iso more noise than the suede cups of the DTs. I'm not completely opposed to getting in ear, but they tend to hurt the inside surfaces of my ears. I would like to avoid active iso since I've noticed 2 things with previous active isos in the past. Either a. They sound like ass. Or b. they aren't any better than similar priced passive iso in the same price range. Price isn't a huge concern to me (to an extent) but return policy is. I'm pretty picky with fit and feel. And with the local guitar center being fairly limited in demo models I don't really have much there to make a decision on.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks guys. And glad my friend pointed me in the direction of this forum.

Oct 5, 2012 at 11:52 AM Post #3 of 7
Might also add that I've had hd280s. Ath m50s. Bose qcs. The beyers are by far the most comfortable. The hds had the best iso but I hated te way they felt. I would prefer over ear vs on ear but again. No big deal there.

Oct 5, 2012 at 12:53 PM Post #5 of 7
They also have the benefit of being highly modifiable.

There, in the full sized headphone section, is quite abit of info.

A great investment and great item to be had by true audiophiles.

IMO, Jim

I thought about the t50rps. I've heard they have great iso and gret price.

Oct 5, 2012 at 1:06 PM Post #6 of 7
They also have the benefit of being highly modifiable.
There, in the full sized headphone section, is quite abit of info.
A great investment and great item to be had by true audiophiles.
IMO, Jim

In all honesty, that's pretty much exactly what I was looking for. To keep my DTs as my primary phones and get something cheap with great iso for lawn cutting and air planes and hat not.

Oct 5, 2012 at 1:13 PM Post #7 of 7
Kewl Beans...

I hope you enjoy them!

Jim

In all honesty, that's pretty much exactly what I was looking for. To keep my DTs as my primary phones and get something cheap with great iso for lawn cutting and air planes and hat not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back