Looking for advice on premium IEM headphones...
Jul 24, 2014 at 6:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

neokillz

New Head-Fier
so... i'm new here, just wanna ask some questions...

1. sorry if this question a little bit silly, but can anyone please advice me, which is better to buy :
SONY XBA H3 or Sony XBA-4

2. does any of that headphones come with integrated mic & volume control?
3. i'm from asia, and in my country, neither of these 2 is on sale.... can anyone tell me how to buy it online (which site e.g amazon, etc, or using Fedex or DHL)

4. does the region of manufacture (e.g : Japan, Europe, etc) have different quality? which one is the best to buy?

thankyou :D

oh, i choose those 2 because i'm a bass-head, feel free to recommend me another headphones... (it's better with mic and volume control.. :D)

Jul 24, 2014 at 9:12 AM Post #2 of 10
What's your budget? How much do the H3 and XBA-4 cost in Asia? 

Definitely recommend the XBA H-3 based on your tastes. They have dynamic-BA hybrid drivers, which means better treble (BA drivers) and more bass (dynamic drivers, which you want). Just watch out for fakes, especially in Asia.

I'm not sure if they come with an integrated mic/volume control, why don't you google it? 

The H3 was on amazon for only ~250 preorder a few weeks back (ugh should've ordered it). Maybe someone on HF picked it up and you can buy it of them for cheaper. That's my recommendation. 

As for other bass-heavy IEM's, I'm not quite sure, but stay away from Etymotic and Shure. They are not what you're looking for.

Jul 24, 2014 at 11:15 AM Post #4 of 10
  What's your budget? How much do the H3 and XBA-4 cost in Asia? 

Definitely recommend the XBA H-3 based on your tastes. They have dynamic-BA hybrid drivers, which means better treble (BA drivers) and more bass (dynamic drivers, which you want). Just watch out for fakes, especially in Asia.

I'm not sure if they come with an integrated mic/volume control, why don't you google it? 

The H3 was on amazon for only ~250 preorder a few weeks back (ugh should've ordered it). Maybe someone on HF picked it up and you can buy it of them for cheaper. That's my recommendation. 

As for other bass-heavy IEM's, I'm not quite sure, but stay away from Etymotic and Shure. They are not what you're looking for.

i have no problems with the budget... :D
i only need the right source, as you say (i'm avoiding fake at all cost..)

as i say, i dont know the pricing for both headphones in Asia (u can say i'm lazy hahaha, sorry)

my friend of mine suggest that i should order it online straight from SONY Japan, but i dont know how, since i cant do japanese,
but then i read other's thread, that EU manufacturer have 2 yrs warranty while japan only have 1 yr warranty

thankyou for your reply btw...
i'll try google more...

Jul 24, 2014 at 12:54 PM Post #6 of 10
  do you have amazon where you live? -- you said asia but idk where in asia...

i'm from indonesia (SE Asia)
yes we have amazon here...

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-XBAH3-Hybrid-Driver-Headphones/dp/B00FJISZ28/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1406220808&sr=8-1&keywords=sony+xba+h3

does the link above trusted? sorry if this is another silly question, i've never shop on amazon before...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back