Looking for Advice on Headphones
Sep 4, 2009 at 4:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

radu

New Head-Fier
Hello, been a long time lurker, but this is my first post. I have a question and could use some help. I tried searching but was not satisfied with the results...
if this is in the wrong place feel free to move it. Now on to the question:

I currently own 3 Yuin earbuds, the PK3's, PK2's and OK3's. I love how they sound however thier build quality is somewhat lacking, (i have had 2 cords fray and break, and the driver on my ok3's keeps blowing out on the right side).

I'm looking for a replacement set of headphones to use at work. My job varies between loud enviornments and quiet office like ones. I'm looking for pair of great sounding headphones that do not leak too much noise into the outside world. The Grados SR60/SR80 look and sound like I want, but every review I read states that they leak alot of noise into the surroundings. This will not fly at work.

Does anyone have a recommendation for great sounding full size headphones that do not leak alot? I had my heart set on those Grados, but I dont want to purchase something I cant use at work. Are there any phones that have a similar sound signature, without the leakage? If not what would you recommend?

Thanks for taking the time to read this and hopefully reply,

Chris

Sep 4, 2009 at 10:49 PM Post #2 of 7
Bump, for Great Justice :p

Sep 5, 2009 at 1:16 AM Post #3 of 7
My fav by far for under 100 cans that I tryed is akg dj81 same as 518 or something lol I don't know how to put it other than darn they got energy big time I sold my sr 80 and even 225 because I just ended up with the akg on my head. It's just a blast to lissen to
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 5, 2009 at 3:13 PM Post #4 of 7
thanks for the response, i assume that because the akg dj81 are dj headphones they dont leak much, or at all? how is the soundstage, I've gotten addicted to the open sound of my yuin's.

i will keep these in mind, thanks?

any other suggestions?

Sep 5, 2009 at 11:36 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by radu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks for the response, i assume that because the akg dj81 are dj headphones they dont leak much, or at all? how is the soundstage, I've gotten addicted to the open sound of my yuin's.

i will keep these in mind, thanks?

any other suggestions?

K81dj's don't leak. The soundstage is good, about on par with the PK3's, but no match for a lot of the open portables.

Sep 12, 2009 at 5:04 PM Post #7 of 7
Thanks for the advice, I'm going with some AKG K81DJ for now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back