Looking for advice on a pair of sub 100$ over ears, mostly intended for orchestral/classical music
Nov 29, 2014 at 1:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

4gateftw

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, I am like brand new to audio gear, and I was wondering if anybody could recommend me a pair of over ears, probably up to 80$, that will sound okay with classical music. Right now I have a pair of Sennheiser HD 202s, but they are way too bass focused for my tastes. I just don't know what to look for for classical music. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks. 

Nov 29, 2014 at 3:11 PM Post #2 of 5
I think many folks might recommend a neutral headphone with a wide soundstage. Are you listening in public where sound leakage would annoy the people around you, or are you by yourself in a place where sound leakage won't matter? Open-back headphones usually have wider sound, but they do not isolate.

Nov 29, 2014 at 4:20 PM Post #4 of 5
I think many folks might recommend a neutral headphone with a wide soundstage. Are you listening in public where sound leakage would annoy the people around you, or are you by yourself in a place where sound leakage won't matter? Open-back headphones usually have wider sound, but they do not isolate.

+1

If you don't need isolation, you should consider Takstar Hi-2050.

Best Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back