Looking for advice for next pair of headphones. I've settled on a handful of contenders.
May 28, 2021 at 1:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

MasterSplinter

New Head-Fier
I've been contemplating upgrading my entire headphone system for a while and wanted to start at the headphones and then grab the amp and dac that would best complement them. The problem right now is finding the right set of headphones.

Currently I'm looking between a handful of different sets, some old some new and I wanted to see who here has been able to listen to two or more of these sets over time (even years apart).

The sets are:

-Stax SR Sigma Pro.
-Stax Sigma 404
-Mysphere (v.1 or v.2).
-Raal Requisite SR1A.
-AKG K1000.
-Abyss AB 1266 Phi TC.
-Sennheiser HD 800s.

I realize the Sennheiser's are unlike the others as they aren't meant to be akin to the "speakers on ears" build of the others, but they are so well respected I wanted to add them in as well.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. I just want to find a pair I can settle down with and not feel any need to upgrade to a different set for the foreseeable future. There are next to no audio dealers outside of car audio where I live so trying these out in person would be difficult (not to mention a few were discontinued ages ago) and I cannot find an online dealer that carries all four currently produced models (and so would be able to lend them).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back