Looking for a wireless headset (without bluetooth)
Jun 2, 2016 at 11:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

vorbeiei

New Head-Fier
Hi, I'm looking for a new wireless headset for VoIP, gaming and music. I already have a bluetooth headset(plantronics backbeat pro) but the problem with those and apparently all BT headsets is, that while the mic is in use the audio quality is just awful and therefore unusable for VoIP and gaming at the same time.

I know i would be better off getting a wired one(i actually have a Shure SRH840, but i need a headset), but I like to walk around at home while talking/listening to music that's why I think it's time to have a look for a good wireless one.

Any suggestions for me would be appreciated. As far as the price is concerned, I don't really care too much as long as it doesn't get ridiculous.(probably <500€, but it doesn't have to be that much)

Jun 5, 2016 at 10:32 AM Post #3 of 6
Umm... how about Logitech’s G933 Artemis Spectrum? >_> They sound kinda decent for a wireless headset. Honestly speaking, only gaming companies offers Wireless Headsets as audio companies don't find the need to dive in in that category. Anyways, the mic is decent if compared to other competitors. Imo, I would just get a dedicated Wireless Headphone and a stationary Microphone like a Condenser Mic but meh.

Jun 5, 2016 at 12:10 PM Post #4 of 6
I'll look into that one but from what I've read in the first few comments the mic quality isn't the best(but then I don't know compared to what). Did you trie the headset and if so was the mic actually allright? I really just need it for talking but still prefer a decent quality to be well understood but I don't plan to start a singing career with it
atsmile.gif

I realized that it seems to be the problem that aside from gaming no one cares about it by looking through the offers I found so far. 

I tried a setup with a standalone mic but first I don't care enough about the sound to get a really good mic, second they tend to be in my way and third I can't walk around and speak at the same time.

I know it's quite specific and only leaves a few options and those don't seem to be the greatest. Still if anyone has any further experiences with those kind of headsets, please let me know.

Jun 6, 2016 at 11:53 AM Post #5 of 6
I did try the headset. Well, I use a condenser mic(stationary) and If I were to compare the headset's mic quality to it, it's horrible. However, that's a different category all together.

So, in the headset category, it's somewhat decent, perhaps so-so. I wouldn't expect too much out of a headset's mic but it's good enough for casual VoIP. If I were to compare, I would say the HyperX's Cloud II's mic is better but the Cloud is not wireless. Mic aside, the sound is decent but you're mostly paying for the wireless feature.

Decent Condenser Mics can be really cheap too ya know
biggrin.gif
A boom arm can avoid them getting in the way but yea, I can somewhat understand your problem.

Jun 6, 2016 at 12:59 PM Post #6 of 6
I don't really expect more than decent from those kind of headsets and I also don't need more. Sure it would be nice, but if I just want to listen to music and nothing else i don't wanna be disturbed anyway and don't need a mic and that's what I got my Shure headphones for.
And the wireless feature is what i mostly want from it, so I think I might settle with this one.

I didn't really look into standalone mics because I also don't want another thing fixed on my desk, there's not that much space anyway.

Well thanks so far, I will have a look around with the G933 in mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back