Looking for a user friendly mp3 phone / How are they compared to standard mp3 players?
Oct 27, 2009 at 10:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ipumuk

100+ Head-Fier
hi,
I am considering buying an mp3 cell phone. I never had one so I was wondering how user friendly are they?

what I like about normal mp3 players is, that you turn them on hit play and they continue playing wherever you turned them off. everything done with 2 pushes of a button.

I would hate having to unlock the phone first, then enter the menue, then start the media player then chose the song etc.

what if I want to call someone while I am listening to music? is it easy to switch between phone and mp3 player mode?

please list some mp3 phones that are FAST to use and considered good in general.

btw, touch screen is no option. my girlfriend has an ipod touch and it is just not my thing. I love being able to control my mp3 player while its in my jacket without even having to look at it.

thank you in advance.

take care

Oct 28, 2009 at 1:37 AM Post #4 of 6
Whats your budget anyway?
You should reconsider the no-touchscreen rule, the 3gs and 5800/n97 can all be controlled without using the touchscreen with an accessory. +they are usually better phones in general.
If you use flac you should get a nokia. But if you want ease-of-use go for the 3gs.

Oct 28, 2009 at 2:45 AM Post #5 of 6
Seriously, how realistic is a modern 'PMP' style phone without a touchscreen ? So much better off just getting whatever phone you want (I have the cheapest Samsung throwaway I could find) and something like the Clip+ for music, IMO. With the exception of the 3GS, an expensive option, and possibly some of the Sony phones (also touchscreen), I dont know of any that sound good.

Oct 28, 2009 at 7:02 AM Post #6 of 6
thanks for your answers.

my budget is 300€.

but from what i have read so far i will just stick with an mp3 player and a separate phone.

what accessory were you talking about @mogeansai.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back