Looking for a used/new Creative JB3
Jul 6, 2004 at 12:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Phreon

Head-Fier
The time for me to upgrade my portable has come. My lousy Panasonic CD player is showing signs of terminal skip and well, the audio quality is less than optimal (though it has been a tank).

I've spent some time researching and have come to the conclusion that a JB3 would be suitable to bring me into the mp3 age. Though it's clunky, it's hd size, output quality, bat. life, hackability and line in/record capability make it very attractive. The problem is, I haven't been able to find any online; vendors are pushing the Zen.

I'm also free of large cash reserves, so picking up an "end of life" product design is attractive as well.

I'm not too keen on going the Ebay route and would prefer a one on one transaction from a Head-Fier should I go used.

Any ideas?

Phreon

Jul 6, 2004 at 1:37 AM Post #2 of 2
I have gotten two used JB3's off of eBay without any problems. The key is to look for a seller with a good seller rating, someone who comunicates well, and has a complete unit description (i.e. age, use, flaws/defects, accessories, etc.)

You might be able to find a new 40GB version, but the 20GB version is hard to find new.

Creative sells refurbished 20GB JB3's on eBay with a 30 day warranty. They go for around $180, sometimes less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back