Looking for a USB DAC to connect to Schiit Jotunheim
Nov 14, 2016 at 1:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

appleidappleid

100+ Head-Fier
Hello! I am currently looking for a USB DAC to connect to Schiit Jotunheim. I have a budget of around GBP400/USD500. I would like it not to be too big so I can put it above my Jotunheim. Also, I would also like it to play native DSD as I have got a DSD collection. I am using HD800S at the moment and the only thing I want to improve is to have a more forward vocal. I am at the moment looking at Chord Mojo and ifi micro iDAC2. I won't use the amp part (I will use the line out to Jotunheim). Would there be any better choices out there? Thanks everyone!

Dec 8, 2016 at 11:36 PM Post #3 of 6
The Jotunheim Balanced DAC module for $100.00 is an outstanding value.  It has a killer soundstage, it's very detailed, and can be a bit smooth too.  Pairs very well with my Grado SR80e and AKG K7XX.  Waiting on my son's HD 6XX to arrive so we can see how they match up.  It doesn't do native DSD but Foobar can convert DSD to PCM on the fly without loss of SQ.

Dec 18, 2016 at 12:50 AM Post #5 of 6
At first going to recommend Bifrost Uber or multibit since they stacked beautifully and added to the bad ass looked which you might appreciate more than the sound upgrade. =)

Bifrost or any schiit don't do dsd though. But I will leave you a picture that might persuade you to forgoes dsd requirement.

Bifrost multibit upgrade for me the result is incremental positive. Minor improvement in sounds but can cause big emotion impact with the right song. I know it did for me.

4470412a373c0e037207d78cd3bb1660.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back