Looking for a ... Unussual ... Feature in a Portable Player
Mar 24, 2010 at 3:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

epion2985

Head-Fier
Um this might sound a little strange but as a result of certain psychedelics I developed an affinity for off the wall music like what Shpongle (Hallucinogen & Raja Ram) makes, which is made infinitely better by maxing out 2 features in the software that comes with my X-Fi sound card god bless it
L3000.gif

X-Fi CMSS-3D and X-Fi Crystalizer
(+ the headphone setting, a little rise in the left eq end and bass/treble adjustment lol)

I know the crystalizer is available on the Creatives MP3 players but what about the 3D simulation filter? And if not whats the next best way to simulate it; buying a new mp3 player and I need to make my ears happy
dt880smile.png

Mar 26, 2010 at 12:09 AM Post #4 of 8
You should change "psychedelics" to something less vague and legal as it is against the rules. There was a recent thread that caused a bit of a stir.

Mar 26, 2010 at 3:20 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by epion2985 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Um this might sound a little strange but as a result of certain psychedelics I developed an affinity for off the wall music like what Shpongle (Hallucinogen & Raja Ram) makes, which is made infinitely better by maxing out 2 features in the software that comes with my X-Fi sound card god bless it
L3000.gif

X-Fi CMSS-3D and X-Fi Crystalizer
(+ the headphone setting, a little rise in the left eq end and bass/treble adjustment lol)

I know the crystalizer is available on the Creatives MP3 players but what about the 3D simulation filter? And if not whats the next best way to simulate it; buying a new mp3 player and I need to make my ears happy
dt880smile.png

You have to find Meizu M6;this is quite old model,which had its haydays 2-3 yrs ago,but they still sell it.Company is called:Meizu,fromChina.Very nice design(branded as i-pod killer that time) very good SQ,very wide possibilities to manipulate EQ and 3D;it will send you to Space without any legal problems mentioned here by some overzealous member.

Mar 27, 2010 at 12:49 PM Post #6 of 8
postscriptum
in technical terms here is what you will find in MeizuM6 menus:
Sound Effects:
BassBoost(0-8)
TrebleBoost((0-8)
EQ(7 positions)
SPATIALIZER:
spatializer mode(norm;nat.headphone;Virtual3D)
virtual3D(0-9)
phase corrected equalizer PCE(0-9)
virtual bass enhancement(ViBE)(0-9)
speaker type(earphones,speaker,headphones)
You will not need any amp,I am listening on Shure840.It plays flac.

Mar 28, 2010 at 1:10 AM Post #7 of 8
If you're looking for Creative's exact effect, go with the Zen X-Fi, it has bass boost with the Crystallizer and Expand effects and is pretty easiest to find online and in stores. I had one of these, pretty nice player with good SQ.
Though I used to be a big Creative fan, I would recommend going with any of the newer Cowon players that have JetEffects (Equalizer usually 5 band) and BBE filters (Mach3Bass, 3D Surround, MP Enhance). I recently switched over to an iAudio 9, pretty awesome SQ though the interface for the iAudio 9 itself is a little awkward. I hear better things about the D2+. Cowon's can be found almost solely online though.
JetAudio
I'm not too familiar with the MeizuM6 so I can't really comment on that.

Mar 30, 2010 at 8:00 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by sashava /img/forum/go_quote.gif
postscriptum
in technical terms here is what you will find in MeizuM6 menus:
Sound Effects:
BassBoost(0-8)
TrebleBoost((0-8)
EQ(7 positions)
SPATIALIZER:
spatializer mode(norm;nat.headphone;Virtual3D)
virtual3D(0-9)
phase corrected equalizer PCE(0-9)
virtual bass enhancement(ViBE)(0-9)
speaker type(earphones,speaker,headphones)
You will not need any amp,I am listening on Shure840.It plays flac.

AFAIK Meizu M6 has 15-band EQ? Or that is only on M6 SL?

And, could you explain these enhancements a little bit? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back