Looking for a suitable pair of headphones, $300-$350
Sep 23, 2014 at 1:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Tombley

New Head-Fier
Good day, my name's Paul.

I've been scouting about a lot but can't seem to come to a verdict on what to get as I do have a couple of requirements.

- I would be willing to spend $300-350, could be tempted to spend slightly more if it seems worth it

- I listen to mainly techno/house music so it would be a benefit if the headphones were designed more for these genres

- I would like an adjustable headband as I have quite a large head 

- I would be using these mainly as DJ Headphones but would be a benefit if I could use them well with Galaxy S4/iPod

- I would prefer it there was a slot for detachable cables incase they somehow broke.

Many thanks,

Paul

Sep 23, 2014 at 4:08 PM Post #2 of 19
I was just having a look there at the V-Moda Crossfade M-100, would anyone agree this is a good choice?

Also, just a question if anyone knows. I'm from the UK and the Crossfade M-100 are costing £250 on amazon.co.uk, yet would only be $300 (£183) on amazon.com. Anyone know if it's fine for me to use amazon.com, will the transaction go through smoothly? 

Many thanks, 

Paul

Sep 23, 2014 at 4:33 PM Post #5 of 19
Well, at those genres, you can't really do much better.

You've got the KEF M500, which would not be better, neither the HP50, or really anything.    Well, actually the ATH WS99 is about as good at those genres.  The M100 is built better though.

Sep 23, 2014 at 5:09 PM Post #6 of 19
Thank you, you are a nice man and you will go far. 

Is there any reason why you recommended all on-ear headphones? Are they  better for the style of music I would be listening to? I've never owned a pair of on-ears but just get the feeling they would be very prone to fall off, and as such I am swaying more towards over-ear headphones.

Sep 23, 2014 at 5:19 PM Post #7 of 19
  Thank you, you are a nice man and you will go far. 

Is there any reason why you recommended all on-ear headphones? Are they  better for the style of music I would be listening to? I've never owned a pair of on-ears but just get the feeling they would be very prone to fall off, and as such I am swaying more towards over-ear headphones.

Oh, didn't notice.  Well, the WS99 is over ear.  As for over ear, you have the NAD VISO HP50, B&O H6, Focal Spirit Pro and Classic, and a bunch of others.  The M100 and the WS99 are the best at your genres though.  I'd go with the M100 and call it a day.  Best not to over think it.

Sep 24, 2014 at 1:32 PM Post #9 of 19
  Thank you very much sir, you are a wise man and you will one day reach the stars. For now, I must sleep. Farewell.

And I was going to jump off a building today
deadhorse.gif
.  You have saved a life my friend.

Sep 24, 2014 at 5:28 PM Post #10 of 19
Hello Trunks159.

It was the least I could do. I am rooting for you. By the way,  I am undecided between the V-Moda M-100 and LP2, heard the LP2s have a lottaaaa bass? Not sure which one would be the wiser investment for what i'd be using them for. What's your/anyone elses thoughts?

Too many thanks,

Paul

Sep 25, 2014 at 4:35 AM Post #13 of 19
Good morning,

Sincere praise, I'm gonna stick with the M-100, gonna snag it on payday on 30/09, seems like an eternity away!

Thank you, I am going to write you a haiku and donate my Nintendo 64 with Zelda: Ocarina of Time to you. 

Paul O'Chestnut.

Sep 25, 2014 at 8:33 AM Post #15 of 19
Why thank you. Another question if that's alright, good sir. Do you think one of those FiiO amps are necessary? If so, which one would you recommend?

Prestigious thankings,

Paul Dougan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back