Looking for a sub-$200 pair of comfortable, closed headphones with good bass
Aug 20, 2013 at 2:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

alfishstik

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for a pair of closed, circumaural headphones under $200 for music and some casual listening (YouTube, etc.), and it would be great to get some recommendations from the community here.
I want something comfortable and good bass, but not anything that will sacrifice on the mids or treble.

I mainly listen to alternative, dream pop, and alternative rock.
To get a feel for the kind of bass that's in the music I listen to: http://youtu.be/sC0UtEH2Su0?t=2m10s
I know it's not high quality, but it should do.

Currently, I'm thinking about ATH-M50s, but I came here to get some more suggestions, so fire away 
regular_smile .gif

Thanks!

Aug 20, 2013 at 6:16 AM Post #5 of 11
Depending on where you live, you may be able to find the MDR-1R for that price. Very nice and comfortable headphone! 

Yep! MDR-1R is also a great choice if you can find it within your budget! I once seen it at US$250 and that's the lowest I see so far xD

Billson :)

Aug 20, 2013 at 1:52 PM Post #7 of 11
Yeah. We get much better deals in the US on headphones. Canada sucks for audio equipment. Seems like everything is mostly full MSRP.

You might go to the Deals thread and ask if there are any good prices in Canada on full-sized headphones for $200. I'd ask for all around headphones that have decent bass. It's not the place to discuss whatever they suggest other than pricing--it clogs up the thread if people start debating the merits of the headphones (so off topic). The idea is you then go do your own research and/or come back here and post (you could update this thread). I bet there must be some Canadian deal mongers on there who know what's out there :)

Aug 21, 2013 at 1:10 AM Post #10 of 11
I've heard both and I would say it is.

By the way, do you have Best Buy in Canada? If you do have one locally, call them and ask them about a possible deal on the UE6000. There's a deal going on nationwide in the U.S. right now where you can get them for $99 USD in-store. See if something similar is going on in Canada, if they have Best Buy up there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back