Looking for a sub $100 IEM
Jan 17, 2015 at 4:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

rosenzone

New Head-Fier
Currently I'm considering Shure SE215, Ultimate Ears 600vi, Steel Flux in-ear pro Sennheiser Momentum In-Ear, Etymotic MC3.

My past headphones included B&W C5, Bose IEv3, Klipsch S4i-ii

Looking for something that gives me good, clear, warm, accurate sound.

Jan 17, 2015 at 4:57 PM Post #2 of 5
I have both the SE215 and the 600vi. I like the SE215 a bit better. IMHO, it has more bass, and it's more detailed throughout. To my ears, the 600vi is a bit more mid-forward. I really don't like the memory wire ear loops on the SE215 - I wear glasses and the memory wire doesn't work well for me. They are both good values and I have no problem recommending either of them.

Jan 17, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #4 of 5
I have both the SE215 and the 600vi. I like the SE215 a bit better. IMHO, it has more bass, and it's more detailed throughout. To my ears, the 600vi is a bit more mid-forward. I really don't like the memory wire ear loops on the SE215 - I wear glasses and the memory wire doesn't work well for me. They are both good values and I have no problem recommending either of them.

How long have you had the 600vi, a lot of reviews said they do not last long, well the wire becomes frayed. 

Jan 17, 2015 at 7:10 PM Post #5 of 5
Not very long - a couple of months. In addition, they aren't my every day IEM - and I keep them in a soft case when I'm not using them. The cable is not as thick as the Shure, but it's doesn't appear any cheaper than many other low-cost IEMs. The Shure cable is beefier than others in this class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back