Looking for a specific type of closed-back headphone, for travel:
Dec 8, 2016 at 12:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

kwitel

Headphoneus Supremus
First off, thanks for reading.

So let me just get this out of the way: I have a hairline fracture in my jaw that starts right underneath my ear. Yes, ouch.

I am looking for a very comfortable, non-clamp-having, closed back set, under $400.

Ideally, its will be able to handle a very wide array of genres as I listen to everything from hardcore metal to classical to dubstep and virtually everything in between.

Although I might use it at home, it would be predominantly for travel use.

Heres what ive found thus far that appears to be good relative to what I am looking for:

• Sennheiser Momentum 2
  • Oppo PM-3
  • AKG K550
  • B&O H6

Thoughts on the above or any other suggestions?

Dec 9, 2016 at 2:07 AM Post #3 of 7
Anyone else?

Dec 9, 2016 at 2:16 AM Post #4 of 7
Beyer 770? The headband is tight out of box but it can be bent pretty easily.

Dec 9, 2016 at 2:37 PM Post #5 of 7
I've had the Momentum 2 and the PM-3 and I kept going back to my B&O H6 v2...just seems to do EVERYTHING well.

Just a reminder tho, there are two versions of the H6...the one with the green foam in the cups (version 1) and the black ones (version 2).  The V2 is a better headphone because it adds a touch of bass and a little more treble extension that was slightly lacking in the first.  Just make sure you get the 2nd Gen!

Dec 9, 2016 at 3:11 PM Post #6 of 7
  First off, thanks for reading.

So let me just get this out of the way: I have a hairline fracture in my jaw that starts right underneath my ear. Yes, ouch.

I am looking for a very comfortable, non-clamp-having, closed back set, under $400.

Ideally, its will be able to handle a very wide array of genres as I listen to everything from hardcore metal to classical to dubstep and virtually everything in between.

Although I might use it at home, it would be predominantly for travel use.

Heres what ive found thus far that appears to be good relative to what I am looking for:

• Sennheiser Momentum 2
  • Oppo PM-3
  • AKG K550
  • B&O H6

Thoughts on the above or any other suggestions?

Might check out the offerings from Bowers and Wilkins - most comfortable headphones I have ever tried.

Dec 9, 2016 at 5:56 PM Post #7 of 7
  I've had the Momentum 2 and the PM-3 and I kept going back to my B&O H6 v2...just seems to do EVERYTHING well.

Just a reminder tho, there are two versions of the H6...the one with the green foam in the cups (version 1) and the black ones (version 2).  The V2 is a better headphone because it adds a touch of bass and a little more treble extension that was slightly lacking in the first.  Just make sure you get the 2nd Gen!

Interesting you say that because ive had my choices drilled down to those two in particular.

Thanks for the clarification regarding the versions.
  Might check out the offerings from Bowers and Wilkins - most comfortable headphones I have ever tried.

The reviews for both comfort and sound for the Beos is quite impressive all around.

Im going to give them a try tomorrow in their Manhattan store.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back