Looking for a source for the interpretations of Pink Floyd's lyrics
Oct 10, 2009 at 7:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

manuvajpai

100+ Head-Fier
I am looking for a website/book which contains good, professional interpretations of the lyrics of Floyd's songs. Was just wondering if you might have come across a definitive source. I have looked around the internet only to find segregated opinions and individual comments. While they are really good at elaborating the fact that the songs are so poetic that they inspire very personal and varied interpretations, I am still looking for a source with clearer explanations.

Oct 11, 2009 at 4:26 AM Post #3 of 6
Interesting! Well, nothing is better than plagiarism from a good source.
biggrin.gif
Thanks for the informative link.

Oct 13, 2009 at 1:50 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by SiriuslyCold /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I suppose you've seen A Complete Analysis of Pink Floyd's "The Wall" or a search at Academon

I did come across the book in question. Kinda hard to grab onto one around my place. Definitely in my to-read list. Same goes for the others.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saunders73 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
songmeanings.net

Went through songmeanings.net and as I mentioned in the first post I find the difference in opinions enlightening, but I am more interested in a polished assessment. Tried to look for the actual interpretation for the lyrics as submitted by the uploader but to no avail. I might be missing something there.

Edit: Songmeaning's comments are not bad anyway. I think I'd settle with them for the time being. There seems to be no better option so far, besides digging classroom projects with the same idea, on google.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back