Looking for a sonic comparison between the following players...
Jun 20, 2005 at 5:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Jeffreybar

100+ Head-Fier
I am getting a new hd mp3 player to replace my iPod photo. I'm thinking about going back to an iRiver iHP-1xx, but I'm also considering an iAudio X5.

So here's my question: for those of you who have heard the iRiver iHP-1xx AND the iAudio X5 AND either the iPod or Zen Xtra, does the X5 sound more like the iPod, the Xtra, or the iHP-1xx? Or does it sound totally different altogether?

Please note, I am not asking is it "better" or "worse" than any of the above players...these things are totally subjective (for me, the iRiver sounds vastly superior to the iPod, but many would disagree with me). I just want a comparison in terms of "type" of sound, not "quality" of sound.
smily_headphones1.gif
And also please only respond if you have actually heard the players in question. Thanks.

Jun 20, 2005 at 9:34 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeffreybar
I am getting a new hd mp3 player to replace my iPod photo. I'm thinking about going back to an iRiver iHP-1xx, but I'm also considering an iAudio X5.

So here's my question: for those of you who have heard the iRiver iHP-1xx AND the iAudio X5 AND either the iPod or Zen Xtra, does the X5 sound more like the iPod, the Xtra, or the iHP-1xx? Or does it sound totally different altogether?

Please note, I am not asking is it "better" or "worse" than any of the above players...these things are totally subjective (for me, the iRiver sounds vastly superior to the iPod, but many would disagree with me). I just want a comparison in terms of "type" of sound, not "quality" of sound.
smily_headphones1.gif
And also please only respond if you have actually heard the players in question. Thanks.

I know all of them
icon10.gif

IMO iPod would have the most neutral sound and the rest would be around in the dynamic range.
Ask Austin or Bangraman to get detailed answer for all of those DAPs.

Jun 21, 2005 at 1:34 AM Post #4 of 5
i listend to all three players you mentioned, but i only had the ihp120 for a few hours. at that time i liked the sound of the iriver better than of my ipod. especially because of the lack of bass of the ipod.

i have had an iaudio x5 for a few weeks now and i also prefer this device over my ipod soundwise. i am not an audiophile and i also dont care about "natural" sound. i just feel more like dancing when listening to an mp3 player that provides deep and loud bass.

so i would say the x5 sounds more like the ihp120 than the ipod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back