Looking for a Replacement Cable for SE215
Nov 20, 2014 at 1:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Shakenbake158

Head-Fier
Hey guys, so I got tired of using the thicker stock cable for my SE215s, and I ordered a Fiio RC-SE1 hoping it would be thinner and more manageable.

The cable is thinner, and I like that about it, but the left earpiece will cut out when I move my head, so I am going to have to return it.

Anyways, I am considering just purchasing another RC-SE1, but I want to consider other options before I do.

What recommendations do you guys have?

Nov 21, 2014 at 1:11 AM Post #2 of 5
  Hey guys, so I got tired of using the thicker stock cable for my SE215s, and I ordered a Fiio RC-SE1 hoping it would be thinner and more manageable.

The cable is thinner, and I like that about it, but the left earpiece will cut out when I move my head, so I am going to have to return it.

Anyways, I am considering just purchasing another RC-SE1, but I want to consider other options before I do.

It could be the connector issue with the earphones itself. Have you tried the same movements with the stock cable?

Nov 24, 2014 at 5:02 PM Post #4 of 5
I had that happen to me with stock cables.  Even bought a new stock cable and it still cut out on the left.  Luckily they were still on warranty and Shure gave me a brand new pair.  Point is...might just be a matter of time before the stock cable does it too.  I figured it was the connector side on the actual iem, not the cable. 

Jan 14, 2015 at 12:45 AM Post #5 of 5

I just got an RC-SE1 cable in the mail yesterday, and the left earpiece cuts out when I move my head about, too. I tried switching the earpieces (right earpiece to left cable, and vice versa) and then the right earpiece cut out. Switching back to the stock SE215 cable eliminated the problem, so I know it's something with the left connector on the upgrade cable.

Like what the upgrade cable does for the sound, although I note a fair amount of cable acoustics.

Looks like I'll be returning it and hoping the next one works better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back