Looking for a recommendation for an IEM with a good, high-quality built-in microphone
Dec 20, 2023 at 8:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ferums

New Head-Fier
Hi!

In short - I use a laptop for work purposes. Lately, I have to connect to meetings from several places more and more often, so I would like to be heard in a good quality. So I think an IEM with a built-in mic would be the best option.
I'm currently looking at the Final E2000C and E3000C, but I'm not sure about their microphone quality. Maybe someone has used this IEM microphone and can tell about its quality?
Or any other suggestions? The most important thing is to have a 3.5mm connection and a good quality microphone. The audio quality of the headphones is not that important, as I will mostly use it for meetings, maybe occasionally to watch some cat/dog videos and listen Youtube music when the boss is not around.

Thanks!

Dec 21, 2023 at 12:50 AM Post #2 of 2
The two choices for a situation like this is a cable that has a boom mic on it like
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/1005006172398970.html
If you get IEMs you really like (I use the 7hz Salnotes Zero:2 and will never switch, they're amazing) and then get the .78mm version of a cable like that, it would work well.

What I ended up doing was the Bumblebee II mic for $20 on Woot (owned by Amazon)
https://electronics.woot.com/offers...fessional-cardioid-usb-condenser-microphone-8
I got three of these mics and they're as good as the Beyerdynamic Fox or AKG Lyra I have for $20 which is insane. The field is pointed front of the mic, and they look nice too.

Inline mics on any IEM is going to vary since it's just a pinhole that usually flips around to face you, which muffles everything and a pain to keep track of if you move. Even a cheap lapel mic on Amazon will be convenient and place it right where you want it for better quality. The boom mic cable is best though, all depends on your setup and adapters available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back