Looking for a quality headphone
Mar 17, 2009 at 6:58 PM Post #16 of 17
I'm with Mercuttio on saving up a bit more to have a long term investment on your gear. Overall I think it saves you a lot more money in the long run.

Personally I'd recommend the Sennheiser HD25 as that's what I use pretty much everywhere. They have an excellent punch to them, an okay soundstage for gaming (don't play Dead Space with them), and they are built extremely well. Unless you get the velour pads the Beyerdynamics are well above them in terms of comfort. Actually from my limited experience wearing them their comfort is probably better even with the velour... like pillows on your ears. I don't know how well they'd stay on your head for travel though as I'm used to using the split headband of the HD25 to have it stay on my head no matter what I do. I think the level of sound isolation is slightly better with the HD25 as well when you want to do some quiet listening.

If you're budget really is set in stone however... I would check the FS forums here as often as you can. Sometimes people are nice enough to sell very good headphones at a fair price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back