Looking for a portable MP3 player (help!)
May 1, 2006 at 11:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ismala

New Head-Fier
Hello

I am interested in buying a HD mp3 player. I have Sony MZ-N1 Minidisc and i am very happy with it, but now i would like to buy a player for my mp3 collection.

I am thinking in buying a player between 4 and 8 Gb, because i think this memory is sufficient for me, and the size of these players are not too big.

The most important for me is:

1) Quality Sound
2) God Battery life (better if removable too)
3) Well-design (Material, size, weight, beauty,...)
4) Extras (Radio, photos, voide recorder,...)
5) Possibility to buy good acccesories (travel speakers, cases,...)

I am between Apple Ipod Nano (4Gb), Creative MicroZEn Photo (8Gb) and Sony NW-A1000, but i don't know hot to choose. Would I study any other possibilities? I saw also the Archos Gmini XS 202, despite is a 20Gb, is very small, but i don't hace references about it.

I like the desgin of the Ipod, my sister has a Ipod Mini and the sound is good for me with a good pair of headphones. In other hand, the Zen Micro Photo seems to be a very complete mp3 player (8gb, radio, removable battery) but i dont know anything about the sound ¿how is the sound in this mp3 player? and the battery life??

Besides, i saw the other day the Sony NW-A1000. I like the desgin, but i i don't have too much information about this player. I heard the voluime is a little poor, and takes a lot of problems with the files in mp3? is this true? and something about the sound? I like tyhe sound of my old Discman and Minidisc
¿is good the sound here?

I wait people could help me.

Thank very much and sorry for my poor English but i am from Spain.

May 2, 2006 at 1:23 AM Post #2 of 5
Of course, the iPod Nano has flash memory (not hard drive) ... which could be an advantage. But then, the Creative is known for its good sound quality and removable battery ... and you are already familiar with Sony's software. So there are advantages to each.

Would you want to use iTunes for the iPod? Would only 4GB be enough capacity for you? The Nano is said to sound better than the Mini, if that helps ... but the Creative is said to sound better than the Nano. I haven't heard much about the Sony since it was released (does anyone out there have any experience with it?).

May 2, 2006 at 9:57 AM Post #3 of 5
Hi,

I just got a refurbished 5gb rio carbon, It was about 75 pounds (100 dollars) including shipping. It's very small and has a nice sound + 20 hour battery life. The money you save on this player, you can spent on some good portable headphones.

Ofcourse the snag is that rio is not on the market anymore, so you might have some problems finding support. I got 1 year warranty with it. Go to www.riovolution.com and you'll get some support on the forums if there is a problem.

Wish you luck on your search for a portable

May 2, 2006 at 8:21 PM Post #4 of 5
Thank you for the answers.

Yesterday i saw in shop near my house the iaudio 6, i like it a lot, but it's only a 4Gb version.

Finally, I think i will go for the Zen Micro Photo, it seems to be the most complete.

I am interested in buy a travel speakers too for this mp3 player. Anyone knows a good election?

May 5, 2006 at 5:31 PM Post #5 of 5
ismala said:
Thank you for the answers.
Yesterday i saw in shop near my house the iaudio 6, i like it a lot, but it's only a 4Gb version.
QUOTE]

what was the name of the shop? Anyone know where i can go check out an iAudio6?

and 4gb is a lot. thats like 50cds. What if wrong with people now a days. computers are cheap. they come with big harddrives now. not the 1 or 3GB. save ur **** on the computer. or get an ext. drive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back