Looking for a portable headphone/IEM
Jun 7, 2018 at 4:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Sensates

New Head-Fier
hi,

Looking to replace my broken AudioTechnica IM70 with something similar price range but better sounding. I also own a Sony MDR100AAP headphone that I'm still using. I'm by no means an audiophile, and not up to date at what's available. But I would consider splurge a little more if there are good pair of IEM/portable headphones that have BT(not essential.

Listens to everything from jazz, trance to metal. Not a bass head, prefer tight, clear bass. prefers a subdued/laid back vocal while likes hearing more of the music.

And since I'll be visiting Japan soon I wonder if you guys could recommend me some models and some headphone places to check out while I'm there??

TQ

Jun 7, 2018 at 5:30 AM Post #2 of 6
You can consider the new Sony 1AM2 - successor of MDR-1A but the wireless version is not launched yet. I think the sound signature suits you :)

Jun 7, 2018 at 10:29 PM Post #4 of 6
I think the KZ ZS10 is very good runs about $43 .

Jun 10, 2018 at 9:07 PM Post #6 of 6
That's a good suggestion, I remember liking the 1a but didn't realize there is an update.

Any good complement IEM to try out?
For IEM, I think iBasso IT01 would be a good choice. It exhibits a "V" shaped kind of sound signature and the price would not cost you a bomb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back