Looking for a portable grado-like sound
Mar 26, 2005 at 8:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

aeroes

100+ Head-Fier
Greetings to all headfiers!

I really like the sound of my SR60, since using it as a portable isnt a good idea, Im searching for a canalphones/earphones that would at least sound like grado's with even more bass? possible?

Any thoughts will be appreciated! Thank you!

Mar 26, 2005 at 8:52 AM Post #2 of 15
I use AKG k24p, they are as bright as grado sr60
biggrin.gif
, decent base (i'm not basehead), is portable, semi open, foldable.

Mar 26, 2005 at 8:24 PM Post #3 of 15
I think my SR-80s make a hell of a portable can, or course I'm a dork so what the heck. When I'm with the wife she makes me a bring the KCS-75s instead. Says they look much better. Sound isn't quite as good. I'm really getting addicted to the Grado sound.

Mar 26, 2005 at 8:56 PM Post #5 of 15
Not an earphone, but the KSC-75 or 35 clipons are kinda grado-ish.

Mar 26, 2005 at 10:18 PM Post #6 of 15
You could always hop on eBay or the sale forums here and look for a pair of SR40s.

Mar 26, 2005 at 10:36 PM Post #7 of 15
I think the KSC-75's are just what you're looking for. Check them out on amazon, they're only about $15. Don't let the low price fool you - they sound awesome.

P.S. Adam! Neuros buddy!
biggrin.gif

Mar 26, 2005 at 10:54 PM Post #8 of 15
the SR40 is a nice option if you can find one. But I love the KSC-35, i call them my "Baby Grados." if you don't like earclips, try the portapro or sportapro.

Mar 27, 2005 at 2:08 AM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by rubbersoul
I use AKG k24p, they are as bright as grado sr60
biggrin.gif
, decent base (i'm not basehead), is portable, semi open, foldable.

Umm... I think you mean bass, not base. Anyway, i would definately go with koss for what you are looking for. I have the KSC-35s, they are uncomfortable when you first get them, but then the clip loosens up and they are great sounding for the price.

Mar 27, 2005 at 2:25 AM Post #11 of 15
The problem with Grado is they leak a lot so Im pretty much declined using them as portable. Modding them only changes the way it look like and doesnt add portability either.

Looks like Koss wins! and with a very cheap price it wont hurt a lot
biggrin.gif
Will koss go as loud as grados?

What about earphones/Canalphones? I really want earphones or canalphones as I dont want to disturb peoples near me.

Mar 27, 2005 at 2:32 AM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by aeroes
The problem with Grado is they leak a lot so Im pretty much declined using them as portable. Modding them only changes the way it look like and doesnt add portability either.

Looks like Koss wins! and with a very cheap price it wont hurt a lot
biggrin.gif
Will koss go as loud as grados?

What about earphones/Canalphones? I really want earphones or canalphones as I dont want to disturb peoples near me.

Kosses will go quite loud. But I'm of those guys who promotes low volume listening, due to the dreaded "T". =)

I can tell you what canalphones don't sound grado-ey: the ety er-6 & 4p.

Mar 27, 2005 at 7:24 AM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
Kosses will go quite loud. But I'm of those guys who promotes low volume listening, due to the dreaded "T". =)

I can tell you what canalphones don't sound grado-ey: the ety er-6 & 4p.

Add to that the e2c and e3c... Anti-grado signature IMHO

Mar 27, 2005 at 7:28 AM Post #14 of 15
oh yeah the er4p is the anti-grado lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back