Looking for a pair of over the ear headphones that clamp tight
Mar 23, 2015 at 8:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

FiJAAS

Previously known as DTSxJP
Hello,
Looking for a pair of over the ear headphones that clamp tight and that are under $50.

I recently purchased a pair of Sennheiser HD419 and they sound really good with great bass but in order to achieve that great sound and bass I need to press and hold the cans against my ears.

So becuase of that I'm looking for new over the ear headphones that sound great and that has natural bass.

I currently have my eyes on Audio Technica ATH-M20X and Koss Sportapros. If you have any in mind that you can recomend I'd be appreciative.

Also which ever headphones I purchase to go with my portable audio rig(Ipod Nano 3rd Genertaion and Topping NX1), the headphones can be small or big does not matter to me.

I'm also thinking of getting the Fiio E11K just for its bass option. I recently tried my ATH-M50 with the Topping NX1 and thought that it sounded clean but lacked the natural bass I prefer. When I pair the ATH-M50 with JDS Labs C5 with the bass on high, it sings. With the clean flat sound of the C5 and it's natural bass options I think that is a great combo. So will I achieve a similar happiness with the E11K instead of the Topping NX1? Thanks.

Mar 23, 2015 at 11:21 PM Post #5 of 14
Vmoda LP has extremely high clamping force and has been known to hit the under-$75 price point. pretty heavy on the bass though. ...but that may be what you are looking for if the ath-m50 doesn't have enough bass for you :)

go to a smaller headband setting if you want more clamping force.

Mar 23, 2015 at 11:24 PM Post #6 of 14
-Blue Mofi, you can adjust how tight you want it.
-Audio Technica PRO 700 MK2

Mar 25, 2015 at 7:37 PM Post #9 of 14
I'll check into the AKG518.

I also made a list of headphones that should meet my requirements. Could you all tell me what would be the best one out of the list? Remind you that I plan to either one of these headphones with an iPod Nano 3G and Fiio E11K.

Sennheiser HD201
Beyerdynamic DTX 710
Beyerdynamic DTX 501P

Mar 25, 2015 at 8:55 PM Post #13 of 14
Just looked at them, but my price budget has to be around $50. Thanks though.

The Superlux HD681 Evo have a quite high clamping force in my sort of quite extensive experience with them--you might look into that one. They are also within your budgetary guidelines. They are semi-open, so that may be an issue (not sure) but leakage is not profound, IMHO (of course, as always, YMMV). I do think they sound very good for their price-point, for what it's worth. Bass is emphasized. Just a thought. Good luck!

Mar 26, 2015 at 6:40 PM Post #14 of 14
The Superlux HD681 Evo have a quite high clamping force in my sort of quite extensive experience with them--you might look into that one. They are also within your budgetary guidelines. They are semi-open, so that may be an issue (not sure) but leakage is not profound, IMHO (of course, as always, YMMV). I do think they sound very good for their price-point, for what it's worth. Bass is emphasized. Just a thought. Good luck!

Thanks, I'll check those out as well.

I also have another question. I'm thinking about buying a Pelican case to house a set of full size headphones, my dap and amp stacked, and cables and what not. Which case do you guys think would fit all of that? I'm thinking a case from the 1400 series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back