Looking for a pair of headphones to be used for playing the piano, will be hooked onto my digital piano
May 23, 2016 at 10:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

TsKen

100+ Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

First I've attempted to google for suggestions and i've tried looking through head-fi as well but there are no real clear answer as to what headphones are best for playing the piano.

There are a lot of recommendations on reddit for the M50x, but based on my personal experience with them, the m50 aren't exactly neutral and I don't think they would be very good to be used as reference headphones(correct me if i'm wrong).

I've also considered the Sony MDR V6 as many studios tend to use those headphones for reference.

Can anyone make any recommendations?

The output amp on my piano isn't exactly very strong so I am looking for a pair of headphones that doesn't require any amping at all.

If it helps, the piano i'm using is the Casio PX-160.

The pair of headphones will be MAINLY used for playing on my piano only as I already own the Alpha Primes which I use as my main headphone.

Any recommendations/suggestions will be GREATLY appreciated, Thank you for taking the time to read this post and helping a fellow head-fier out!

May 23, 2016 at 10:43 PM Post #2 of 4
HD-280's might work for you they are fairly neutral and are easy to power.

May 23, 2016 at 11:16 PM Post #3 of 4
  HD-280's might work for you they are fairly neutral and are easy to power.

Hi buke9, thank you for the suggestions.

It does look like it could be a possibility, but i'm concerned with the comfort on those headphones.

From what I've read, they clamp pretty damn hard, though I think I could probably manually stretch the headband.

Will have to think about it.

Thanks!

May 24, 2016 at 12:49 AM Post #4 of 4
They do have a pretty hard clamp but not too bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back