Looking For a New Pair of Over the Ear Headphones, Audio-Technica ATH-M50's??
Jul 11, 2014 at 6:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Intended

New Head-Fier
So to be honest I don't know a ton about headphones, I am a gaming person and don't really know a ton about headphones. 
So after watching MKBHD on YouTube he strongly recommends the Audio-Technica ATH-M50, so I though about buying them, without taking other peoples reviews, how ever I have not purchased them, yet. Also I looked at the  V-MODA Crossfade LP's. 

I will be using my headphones for Some DJ'ing and creating music, but I also love Trap and Hip-hop and EDM, so I need it to have decent bass, I need it to have High Quality sound that also has good base. I want it also for long road trips to they need to be comfortable, style is not too much of a concern.
So should I get the Audio-Technica ATH-M50's they look nice and they are known for having good sound, but I don't know if they have enough bass.

Please help me find the headphones I NEED! 

Jul 11, 2014 at 6:55 PM Post #3 of 3
For gaming you want good soundstage and 3D imaging.
For EDM/hiphop you want good bass.

Unfortunately those two things don't go hand in hand. Most bass-heavy cans have no soundstage whatsoever, like the M50s - they don't have much of a soundstage at all.

Nonetheless I think it's a good idea to start with the M50s - they do sound very good for the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back