Looking for a new pair of headphone, budget is 400
Nov 7, 2013 at 11:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

RenfroeJacob

New Head-Fier
I have never spent over 40 on headphones, but as of late i have been listening to FLAC instead of mp3 in a $39 pair of jvc rx700 I purchased on amazon and the difference is amazing so I want to step it up. I was just wondering whats the best set i could with a budget of $400? The headphones can be open or closed I just want what will give me the best listening experience, I am not into rap and hip hop so bass is not a big factor for me. by the way this is my first post on head-fi

Nov 7, 2013 at 6:40 PM Post #3 of 4
Welcome!

Where are you plugging your headphones to? do you have a Dac/amp? 

Nov 7, 2013 at 7:08 PM Post #4 of 4
  I have never spent over 40 on headphones, but as of late i have been listening to FLAC instead of mp3 in a $39 pair of jvc rx700 I purchased on amazon and the difference is amazing so I want to step it up. I was just wondering whats the best set i could with a budget of $400? The headphones can be open or closed I just want what will give me the best listening experience, I am not into rap and hip hop so bass is not a big factor for me. by the way this is my first post on head-fi

Hello,

I recommend the AKG K712 Pro along with something like the E09K + E07K! They are great combo if you can find them within $400. This is assuming you will be using desktop to listen to music but if you are using your smartphone or mp3 player, there is the FiiO E12 

Hope it helps!
Billson 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back