Looking for a new mp3/FLAC player.
Feb 26, 2015 at 6:56 AM Post #16 of 17
  I

I'm far from having such a budget, it might come eventually but thats not going to be for a while and I need the best I can get in that price range. Right now I'm pretty much sure about the FiiO x1 , it's a matter of earphones now - most likely Xiaomi or Soundmagics

I'd say stick with X1 / SoundMagic E10 combo, that will get you good sound on a budget.

Before I joined Head-fi I was heading to the local shopping mall buying every earphone off the shelf, mainstream brands like Kicker, Sennhesier CX300ii, even Beats Tour, none of them really pleased me and I was left underwhelmed, I knew there had to be more to it. Not long after, I discovered Head-fi and the very first IEM I purchased from reading these boards was SoundMagic E10, I think I paid about $40 for them. Nothing to lose I said to myself, $40.

When I first heard E10 I was a little shocked how great they sounded, I couldn't believe they were exceeding the CX300ii I'd paid $90 AUD just a week before. It was then, at that moment, I worked out there's more to portable audio and SoundMagic E10 were my gateway drug to why I'm still here now.

Hope that helps. =)

Mar 2, 2015 at 7:46 PM Post #17 of 17

I'd say stick with X1 / SoundMagic E10 combo, that will get you good sound on a budget.

Before I joined Head-fi I was heading to the local shopping mall buying every earphone off the shelf, mainstream brands like Kicker, Sennhesier CX300ii, even Beats Tour, none of them really pleased me and I was left underwhelmed, I knew there had to be more to it. Not long after, I discovered Head-fi and the very first IEM I purchased from reading these boards was SoundMagic E10, I think I paid about $40 for them. Nothing to lose I said to myself, $40.

When I first heard E10 I was a little shocked how great they sounded, I couldn't believe they were exceeding the CX300ii I'd paid $90 AUD just a week before. It was then, at that moment, I worked out there's more to portable audio and SoundMagic E10 were my gateway drug to why I'm still here now.

Hope that helps. =)

This is indeed helping, and I'm getting that combo. Thank you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back