looking for a new headphone
Aug 10, 2009 at 9:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

illuminati

100+ Head-Fier
hey i'm looking for a new headphone for portable use and for home use. i currently am doing it with my akg k512 but they are to tight for me.
i had my eyes on a pair of grado sr80i's but maybe someone knows a better one. i will be using them with my philips go gear mp4 player. and wich amp would be good?
my budget goes from 50 to 100 to 150 euros for now

Aug 11, 2009 at 1:06 AM Post #2 of 5
Grados aren't exactly portable. They also have a completely open design, so people around you will be bothered if you take them out in public. That said, if you're ok with an open design the iGrados are much, much more convenient to use on the go than the Sr60/Sr80's.

Also, a good portable phone will benefit, but doesn't necessarily require an amp to shine.

Aug 11, 2009 at 9:00 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Grados aren't exactly portable. They also have a completely open design, so people around you will be bothered if you take them out in public. That said, if you're ok with an open design the iGrados are much, much more convenient to use on the go than the Sr60/Sr80's.

Also, a good portable phone will benefit, but doesn't necessarily require an amp to shine.

hmn.. ok igrado's are nothing for me.. so the sr80i's are not really for portable use.. so wich headphones are?

Aug 11, 2009 at 11:21 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by koven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ath-es7

are they really that good? and for electronic music too? and do they need an amp?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back