Looking for a new DAP
Aug 6, 2007 at 10:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

st4r0c3an

100+ Head-Fier
Hey, after lurking here for a while in the past I've ended up with a Zen Touch and a pair of Shure e3c. Now the Touch died to water damage and I am back to hunt for a new DAP.

I am currently taking a vacation in China, so natrually I looked into some chinese DAPs and were amazed by their pricing. As many have recommended on this forums, the meizu miniplayer seemed like a good pick.

The main concern I have right now is about hissing. I've had no problem at all with hiss using the Zen Touch, but I've noticed a lot of complains about meizu. Can someone who has used that player with a e3c level IEM tell me more? if not, can someone tell me about other chinese made DAPs that will do the job? (if not... well... can someone recommend a none chinese DAP that will do? can't stand hiss at all, had enough with e3c+integrated sound card)

I also plan on getting an alessandro ms-1 or a portapro for the times when I am not using the e3c, will the meizu be able to drive either one of those nicely without an amp?

I can probably get the 8gb version if i buy the portapro but only the 4gb version if i get the alessandro ms-1. thanks in advanced for all your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back