Looking for a new DAP with no WiFi or Bluetooth
May 28, 2019 at 9:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Chubnut13

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

New member here. I currently have a FiiO X5 and this has been excellent every day use player. Unfortunately, the battery is starting to go so not delivering much more than 4 hrs now.

I'm looking for a good replacement but it can't have WiFi or Bluetooth for many different reasons. Also, not that impressed with Android on these DAPs. I bought my wife the X5 Gen 3 and neither of us seem to get on with it despite both having android phones.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Cost not too much of an issue.

Many thanks

May 28, 2019 at 6:09 PM Post #3 of 8
Hi all,

New member here. I currently have a FiiO X5 and this has been excellent every day use player. Unfortunately, the battery is starting to go so not delivering much more than 4 hrs now.

I'm looking for a good replacement but it can't have WiFi or Bluetooth for many different reasons. Also, not that impressed with Android on these DAPs. I bought my wife the X5 Gen 3 and neither of us seem to get on with it despite both having android phones.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Cost not too much of an issue.

Many thanks
If it is just sound quality you want and a no frills player the Questyle QP1R or the new QP2R would be my choice. The 2R has added a 2.5mm balanced output connection and dropped one of the sd card slots for it and I think both have 32gb of onboard storage. It is a fantastic sounding player that will run full sized headphones pretty nicely and low,med, and high gain modes you can adjust for what you have. It is a bit heavy compared to a lot of other player unless you put it up against the A&K 300 380 then not so much as it is milled from a solid block of Aluminum. It is not touch screen but has capacitive buttons and a scroll wheel. I bought mine pre order after hearing a pre release sample over 3 years ago and still think it holds its own with most of what’s out there some I think sound a bit better but not for the price. This is just my opinion and YMMV.

May 30, 2019 at 2:31 PM Post #7 of 8
If it is just sound quality you want and a no frills player the Questyle QP1R or the new QP2R would be my choice. The 2R has added a 2.5mm balanced output connection and dropped one of the sd card slots for it and I think both have 32gb of onboard storage. It is a fantastic sounding player that will run full sized headphones pretty nicely and low,med, and high gain modes you can adjust for what you have. It is a bit heavy compared to a lot of other player unless you put it up against the A&K 300 380 then not so much as it is milled from a solid block of Aluminum. It is not touch screen but has capacitive buttons and a scroll wheel. I bought mine pre order after hearing a pre release sample over 3 years ago and still think it holds its own with most of what’s out there some I think sound a bit better but not for the price. This is just my opinion and YMMV.
I like these - thank you. Not too bothered about the balanced output but this is a lovely piece of kit.

May 30, 2019 at 3:15 PM Post #8 of 8
I like these - thank you. Not too bothered about the balanced output but this is a lovely piece of kit.
Sounds as good as it looks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back