Looking for a new DAP ~$500
Jun 17, 2015 at 1:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

DR650SE

500+ Head-Fier
Hey all, I've been doing some reading and am looking for a new DAP. My current DAP is a Red Wine Audio iMod(128GB SD card) . I pair it with a Leckerton UHA 6S.MKII amp and Westone W40 IEMs. I believe the battery is dying (won't charge) and will eventually replace the battery.

In the mean time I want something that can play my few hi-res music. I'd prefer something with high storage capacity. I've been considering the DX90. Would the DX90 play the music I purchased from iTunes? It's about 1500 songs over the last 11 years.

Is there anything else around $500 I should consider? That's my budget for now. Thanks guys!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Jun 17, 2015 at 1:18 AM Post #2 of 4
Hey all, I've been doing some reading and am looking for a new DAP. My current DAP is a Red Wine Audio iMod(128GB SD card) . I pair it with a Leckerton UHA 6S.MKII amp and Westone W40 IEMs. I believe the battery is dying (won't charge) and will eventually replace the battery.

In the mean time I want something that can play my few hi-res music. I'd prefer something with high storage capacity. I've been considering the DX90. Would the DX90 play the music I purchased from iTunes? It's about 1500 songs over the last 11 years.

Is there anything else around $500 I should consider? That's my budget for now. Thanks guys!

Yes it will play iTunes files, DX90 is definitely best choice

Jun 17, 2015 at 4:10 AM Post #3 of 4
Check the X3ii it can play anything you throw at it and still keep much of the amount you mentioned 
biggrin.gif
 X5ii is also out and well below $500.

Jun 18, 2015 at 5:31 PM Post #4 of 4
Thanks guys. Really appreciate the response and I will look into the other options.

Another question. If I saved a bit for the next few months, would the AK120 be worth looking at? Is it much of an improvement over the DX90?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back