Looking for a new DAC.
Mar 12, 2016 at 7:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

buke9

Headphoneus Supremus
Watercooler Travel Team
Help and Recommendation Contributor
I'm looking to upgrade my Teac UD-301. My first choice is Yggdrasil (stretching budget well past max but doable) or Gungnir MB. I can't go anymore than this I really liked the Yggy and have not heard the Gumby is there something else I should consider?

Mar 14, 2016 at 8:36 PM Post #3 of 6
  TEAC UD-503?

Wanting to go multibit r2r. Just having a hard time with Yggy money. I was thinking Audio-gd but don't know.

Mar 14, 2016 at 8:55 PM Post #5 of 6
  You should compare the two. I had a multibit r2r DAC from Metrum, and I'm using a the TASCAM UH-7000 (same family as TEAC) that is less than 1/10th the price now.

The real magic is NOS btw.

Never heard the Tascam stuff and not sure of Nos. I've had my mind set on a Yggy or Gumby haven't heard the latter. Was also looking at Audio-GD also. I hope there is some NOS dacs at CanJam so I might make a choice on what to go with. Thanks for the input.

Mar 14, 2016 at 11:17 PM Post #6 of 6
  Never heard the Tascam stuff and not sure of Nos. I've had my mind set on a Yggy or Gumby haven't heard the latter. Was also looking at Audio-GD also. I hope there is some NOS dacs at CanJam so I might make a choice on what to go with. Thanks for the input.

Also note, most delta-sigma DAC are in fact multibit. Burr-Brown calls it "advanced segment", 6 bits R2R I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back