Looking for a new Dac/Remove noise.
May 15, 2011 at 2:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

wangtox

Head-Fier
Hello All,

So I am in the market for a new Dac like the thread title says. My current system is a Fubar II w/Supplier and whatever the hot OPA was when i rolled it. Feeding a Krell KAV-300i which has a buffered output to my little dot I+ (which i tried to find something i liked in the higher end side of things and couldnt find anything). I have Canton Vento 820's and an array of headphones. Basically I feel that my system has surpassed the quality of the Fubar II and im looking for something better. I also have an issue with USB on my workstation which causes clipping when doing hard drive intensive things like compiling or transfering data. I like audio-gd products alot and it seems that so do alot of people. I also at one point was looking at the PS Audio Digital Link III which I can get for cheap from one of my reps. I can't make a decision so I come to my fellow Headfi dudes for help. I don't want anything sterile or analytical. I want something with a nice clean but musical sound to it. I was thinking of getting a USB to Coaxial/SPDIF async converter and then to the Dac of choice...

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back