Looking for a new Amp/DAC combo
Feb 22, 2019 at 10:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

BifePlays

New Head-Fier
Hello my good fellas at Head-fi!
I have myself a AKG K712, and I absolutely love it! I've been using my Schiit Magni 2 + Sound Blaster Z as my audio rig, since I was extremely attracted by all the game-ish and surround features from the Creative sound board, but it turned out more to be something that gave me difficulties more than helped me. I still have my Magni 2, but I am looking for a new DAC. What can you guys recommend for the same price as the Magni 2 /Modi 2 stack, or a decent DAC that can pair well with my Magni?
I am going to USA on July, so my budget is kind of tight, I already calculated how much I can spend (also, thats why tube amps aren't the best idea). I am looking for a nice big soundstage, with good positional audio, as I play a lot of competitive games, and I like a more non-bassy heavy signature,with emphasis on mids and highs to bring out details like footsteps. I have around 200 usd to spend, plus I can sell the Magni 2 for some extra money (I actually can make back 100 USD with it. Don't ask me, Brazil is crazy).
Thanks in advance!
Edit: I've looked around and found that the Audioengine D1 is a nice choice for a wider soundstage, any thoughts?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back