Looking for a Motorola DSP56371 electric scheme
Feb 2, 2007 at 1:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

denis

100+ Head-Fier
I have a Creative DDTS-30 dolby digital/DTS/dolby headphone decoder (sold with the Creative HQ-2300D headphones). This little decoder is using a Motorola DSP56371 chip. When I watch DVDs, I am connecting the headphone out of the Creative DDTS-30 with the volume at its maximum to the line in of a DrDAC (dac/headphone amp). So I can enjoy the sound of movies with dolby headphone.

I would like to upgrade the quality of the sound. I asked to a friend of mine (who is better than me in soldering) to shunt the potentiometer and he will do it.

But I think I can go further and would like my friend to connect the digital out of the DSP56371 chip to a mini digital connector. So I will be able to attack the digital in of my DrDAC, whose DAC (an AKM one) is better than the Creative's one.

This is the reason why I need the DSP56371 electric scheme. My friend told me that the data sheet of this chip was not enough if I want him to make the mod for me.

So I am looking for this scheme or any advice from someone who has done this mod without the scheme and knows how to do it.

Thank you for your help.

Denis

Users who are viewing this thread

Back