Looking for a mic
Apr 16, 2005 at 7:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

stoanhart

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I have some Senn HD-580's on the way. They will mostly be used for music and games (CS:S, mainly) on my PC.

I need a mic for team/clan chat. Right now I have a cheapo clipon shirt mic, but I'm kind of hard to understand, and I have to look away from the screen and talk into it to use it.

Originally I had hoped for headphones with a mic, but it quickly became apparant that there were no good cans with boom.

So now, I am looking for a mic that can either:
a) Clip onto the headband of the HD-580's and project a boom in front of my face like this but WAAAAAAY cheaper, or
b) co-exist on my head with the 580's like the Senn HSP line of mics, but for way less money.

A $100+ mic is simply overkill for the compressed realtime voice in counterstrike.

Thanks guys.

May 16, 2006 at 8:18 PM Post #3 of 11
i'm in the same boat as you, i'm looking for a good mic to go with my ATH-A500

i'm thinking about hanging a mic from my ceiling
smily_headphones1.gif
just need to find one with really long cords or buy an extension cord but first i gotta find the right one!

probably get logitech tho, but not 100% sure, if u find one tho, LMK

May 16, 2006 at 9:54 PM Post #6 of 11
I just got a cheap logitech headset for CS. Having nice headphones doesn't make a difference for when I'm taking you down
tongue.gif

May 16, 2006 at 10:14 PM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Duke_Of_Eli
I just got a cheap logitech headset for CS. Having nice headphones doesn't make a difference for when I'm taking you down
tongue.gif

Why buy a $20 headset and do that when you can have a $10 mic and a nice pair of headphones if you've already got the nice headphones?

May 16, 2006 at 10:42 PM Post #9 of 11
My kingdom for a solution!

I've posted elsewhere already today regarding this but I cannot use a clip on because they simply don't provide the exclusive sensitivity I require given my living conditions.

My solution at this point seems to be that I will get a boom mic or use my already hacked apart mic from a budget logitech system and fashion something with a clip or some other hair brained idea instead of my current scotch tape job.

May 16, 2006 at 11:12 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Meyvn
Why buy a $20 headset and do that when you can have a $10 mic and a nice pair of headphones if you've already got the nice headphones?

My headset was 4$ and retails for 40$+tax here in Canada. THe mic is better then most 10$ mics and is noise-cancelling and is the clearest budget mic I've ever used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back