Looking for a light, comfortable, and reliable endgame headphone
Apr 28, 2021 at 12:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

stx1998

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for a light, comfortable and reliable endgame open-back headphone. For reference, Sundara is a bit heavy for me but hd6 series and AKG 7 series are pretty comfortable for me in terms of weight. Ideally, it should be fairly reliable like hd580/600/650 and can be driven properly by $100ish budget amp. Not interested in a electrostatic headphone since I have to invest an additional amp for it. Besides, I don't really care much about the frequency response or the tonality of a headphone since I use EQ extensively. Thanks.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2021 at 12:42 AM Post #2 of 10
I also didn't like the Sundara's. Ended up with LCD-2 Classics as my endgame planar and Asgard 3 w/ integrated DAC. Quite happy. My HD 560S is reference. I don't like reference sound for music enjoyment but they are very nice (I use them for gaming).

Apr 28, 2021 at 12:47 AM Post #3 of 10
I also didn't like the Sundara's. Ended up with LCD-2 Classics as my endgame planar and Asgard 3 w/ integrated DAC. Quite happy. My HD 560S is reference. I don't like reference sound for music enjoyment but they are very nice (I use them for gaming).
Unfortunately LCD-2 Classics are far too heavy for me. I guess I just have a weak neck.

Apr 28, 2021 at 12:51 AM Post #4 of 10
I eat pizza for breakfast :)

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2021 at 1:15 AM Post #5 of 10
I'm looking for a light, comfortable and reliable endgame headphone. For reference, Sundara is a bit heavy for me but hd6 series and AKG 7 series are pretty comfortable for me in terms of weight. Ideally, is should be fairly reliable like hd580/600/650 and can be driven properly by $100ish budget amp. Not interested in a electrostatic headphone since I have to invest an additional amp for it. Besides, I don't really care much about the frequency response or the tonality of a headphone since I use EQ extensively. Thanks.

Hi @stx1998,

I suggest looking at the Neumann NDH 20, these may fit your needs.

Hope you have a great day !

Apr 28, 2021 at 1:33 AM Post #7 of 10
No problem, @stx1998,

I did read your requirements.

I suggest give them a try anyway otherwise if you can find any of the following in no particular order :

Acoustic Research AR 1
iBasso SR1
iBasso SR2
Erzetich Audio Thalia

Hope these may be more useful for you

Have a great day !

Apr 28, 2021 at 4:03 PM Post #8 of 10
I've got similar requirements like you, comfort being the most important. But I don't mind weight if the padding and fit is great. Looking for endgame I assume you have an endgame budget too (I don't so I sticked to super comfy Audioquest Nightowls for now). Try looking at Dan Clark's Ether 2 or even Meze Empyrean. Both are said to be really comfortable (but I don't have a personal experience).

Apr 28, 2021 at 11:57 PM Post #9 of 10
Hyland Audio Jupiter One. 400GBP + import fees. Worth every penny, and occasionally come up for sale used around $4-500 USD.

Amazing sound quality, incredibly light and comfortable. Far and away the most comfortable full size around ear headphones I've ever experienced, literally "forget you're wearing them".

Apr 30, 2021 at 2:08 AM Post #10 of 10
Beats

Users who are viewing this thread

Back