Looking for a laptop. $750 budget
Apr 11, 2008 at 12:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

tjumper78

Headphoneus Supremus
planning on getting a laptop for wifey.
just for daily/casual use such as movies, music, web surfing, etc.
looking to get something dual core cpu and 2gb ram with 100+ hd space. the screen can be 14 ~15.4". the prettier the better
biggrin.gif

kinda hard to find a "great" laptop for $750. tried customizing at dell but didnt really find anything decent for $750. when i find some with good specs, theyre all refurbished.
where can i find some quality laptops for my budget?
any suggestions will be highly appreciated.
thanks.

Apr 11, 2008 at 12:39 AM Post #2 of 5
Why do you need a 'great laptop' for those pretty unintensive duties?

If the laptop trend is going any direction for those uses its in the Mini-Note/Eee/Cloudbook direction.

I understand that my may want a full-sized keyboard for writing and larger screen for movies. There are refurbished MacBooks going for $799, though it sounds like refurbs are out.

Apr 11, 2008 at 1:13 AM Post #3 of 5
You can find some great deals on Lenovo laptops right now. The USPGRANDSLAM ecoupon expires tonight, but they might have a new ecoupon later this week. And there are always those random Lenovo deals scattered around the internet. (Search around on SlickDeals.net)

With a $750 budget, you could probably configure a nice R61 with Penryn T8100/T8300, 2GB RAM, and a 160GB HDD, maybe better.

Apr 11, 2008 at 2:50 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by BetaLyr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can find some great deals on Lenovo laptops right now. The USPGRANDSLAM ecoupon expires tonight, but they might have a new ecoupon later this week. And there are always those random Lenovo deals scattered around the internet. (Search around on SlickDeals.net)

With a $750 budget, you could probably configure a nice R61 with Penryn T8100/T8300, 2GB RAM, and a 160GB HDD, maybe better.

thanks a lot! just finished ordering a lenovo laptop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back