Looking for a IEM
Sep 15, 2008 at 2:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

TyrionWarMage

New Head-Fier
Hi,

i want to buy a new set of IEM's. Up to now, i only had really cheap earphones ( the <10$ one's) and i've just tried a set of cheap IEM's. The sound was horrible but i really like the ear seal and how they fit. So now i want a set of better IEM's.. I'm aiming for a price around ~30$/35$.This is no hard-limit for me, but i really would need a good reason for spending more.

After some google/forum search i've found the Sennheiser CX300. But here comes now my problem: I'm using my headphones a lot when walking around, so i want a travel case: ... upgrade to CX300-II ? ... My main concern is, that everyone is talking about heavy noise because of the cable rubbing against cloth ... but this seems to be common IEM problem ?
I'm not the audiophile kind of person, so i simply want some quality IEM's for a variaty of music styles, but they don't need to have a "perfect" balance.

Would be happy to see some good advice...
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 15, 2008 at 2:49 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by TyrionWarMage /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My main concern is, that everyone is talking about heavy noise because of the cable rubbing against cloth ... but this seems to be common IEM problem ?

No - this is a problem on the Sennheiser CX300 (and Creative EP630) but many IEMs don't have this issue. I've owned both and whilst the sound quality was pretty good, the noise caused by bumping against clothing was irritating me as I use public transport a lot.

I would look to increase your budget a little more and take suggestions from others here.

Sep 15, 2008 at 2:54 PM Post #3 of 4
Cable microphonics are greatly lessened by putting the cables over your ears. The CX300 was the one I've tried where this didn't work. It did stop microphonics from the cable rubbing against clothes, however, a slight breeze created annoying microphonics.

I wouldn't worry about a travel case. Just buy a little cloth pouch if the ones you end up buying don't have a case.

Sep 15, 2008 at 3:07 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by funnycaff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No - this is a problem on the Sennheiser CX300 (and Creative EP630) but many IEMs don't have this issue. I've owned both and whilst the sound quality was pretty good, the noise caused by bumping against clothing was irritating me as I use public transport a lot.

I would look to increase your budget a little more and take suggestions from others here.

Quote:

I'm aiming for a price around ~30$/35$.This is no hard-limit for me, but i really would need a good reason for spending more.

To get rid of these noises would be a good enough reason for me, but how much more expensive would this get ? Some concrete advice is welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back