Looking for a high end wireless headset
May 24, 2024 at 5:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

TS1997

New Head-Fier
Hello guys,

I’m currently looking into buying a wireless headset as I’ve started working from home a lot more lately. I currently use a set of Beyerdynamics DT770-Pro with a Fiio E10k but need a microphone. I thought about just buying an external microphone first but I’d like the ability to walk around so a wireless headset would be a better fit.

They’ll mainly be used for music, phone calls, meetings and some gaming. And I mostly listen to music such a Amaranthe, Five Finger Death Punch etc but I do listen to most music styles from time to time. And for games it’s mostly FPS but I value great sound over FPS performance.

I’d therefore like a wireless headset with great sound that is similar or better than the DT770s, a good microphone and battery life as I’d like to only have one set for everything rather than different ones for different use cases.

Does something like this exist or am I better off getting a microphone or a cheaper headset and keeping my DT770s for music?

I don’t have a set budget but would appreciate recommendations in different price ranges below $1000 with explanations of why I should go with the $700 option rather than the $300 option if it ranges that much.

Thanks in advance!

May 24, 2024 at 6:09 PM Post #2 of 3
I recommend looking into the Audeze Maxwell. It meets all of your requirements and it's only $300.
https://www.audeze.com/products/maxwell-wireless-gaming-headset

1716588438028.png

May 24, 2024 at 7:11 PM Post #3 of 3
Many wireless headphones have an online mic for that. My two favorites are the Sennheiser Momentum 4 and Bower & Wilkins PX7 Carbon. It might sound ridiculous, but I got a Hyperx Cloud Stinger Core wireless on eBay for $30 and didn't install the software, just ran it in stereo and it's sounded really good with a flip up mic that automatically muted. Range and battery life was excellent. Used it 3 days at a time without charging. It uses a dedicated USB transmitter. Not as good as the Momentum 4 but hands down value for money award winner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back