Looking for a headset that will improve sound quality
Aug 29, 2013 at 11:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

sapphires

New Head-Fier
I have a unique situation where I need a very good headset.  Could anyone recommend some that might improve or enhance sound quality?  Anything under $100 would be great, but limit would be $150.  I'm reading the in-ear product category and see a lot of nice ones in there.

I work as a medical transcriptionist and have 8 hours a day of people dictating medical reports.  All type of voices,  foreign accents, different speech patterns, background noise, and so on.  I do not need amplification.   

I need clarity and enhancement of sound quality.    Is there such a thing, or am I asking too much? 

Doesn't have to be noise-canceling.  I would prefer under the chin, but over the head would be okay.  This would plug into the computer on a 1/8-inch plug, and hopefully have at least a 5-foot cord minimum.   I'm here in the US, so could buy from almost anywhere.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

**This is what I've used for years and is the style I prefer, if possible.   Picture may not show?  Lanier MP-555 U-shaped under the chin style. 

Aug 30, 2013 at 12:15 AM Post #2 of 6
Clarity is something "too much" for a headset in my opinion. But Sennheiser just offer some old products like the HD518, 558 with mics. You can check them out by visiting Sen website. If you need iems, I think the Soundmagic e10M (E10 with mic) is good.

Aug 30, 2013 at 1:09 AM Post #3 of 6
Clarity is something "too much" for a headset in my opinion. But Sennheiser just offer some old products like the HD518, 558 with mics. You can check them out by visiting Sen website. If you need iems, I think the Soundmagic e10M (E10 with mic) is good.

I do not find clarity is considered as asking too much. The HD518 sound ted muffled to me. Not much experience with IEM but have recently tasted the A-Jays 2 they sound pretty good at that price and the XBA-1 too xD

Billson :)

Aug 30, 2013 at 1:15 AM Post #4 of 6
Oh, talking about the xba-1, have you checked the new xba-10? It's a huge improve. And talking about clarity, it's depend on how you define "clarity". Since I've listened to some hi-end stuffs like AKG K702, Senn HD600, 650, 800,... The word "clarity" is a little bit "hard" 
etysmile.gif

Aug 30, 2013 at 1:18 AM Post #5 of 6
Oh, talking about the xba-1, have you checked the new xba-10? It's a huge improve. And talking about clarity, it's depend on how you define "clarity". Since I've listened to some hi-end stuffs like AKG K702, Senn HD600, 650, 800,... The word "clarity" is a little bit "hard" 
etysmile.gif

Heard about it but have never tested it yet xD

Billson :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back