Looking for a headphone
Feb 2, 2012 at 7:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

xtrashine

New Head-Fier
I made a thread a few weeks ago with the same subject but didn't get many replies.

Anyways, looking for a new headphone. I can go up to $200. No more than that so please no "Well if you go up just a little in your budget..." 

Must be/have:

-Somewhat stylish. I'm sorry but I just can't wrap my head around wearing the Koss PortaPros in public.
-Good bass
-Portable
-Sturdy

My choice atm is the V-Moda Crossfade M80 but I don't want to limit my options.

Feb 3, 2012 at 2:07 AM Post #2 of 3
Have you taken a look around the reviews by |joker| yet?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/433318/shootout-98-portable-headphones-reviewed-sony-mdr-pq2-and-philips-oneill-sho9560-added-01-02-12

I feel like most people around here are more into IEMs than portable headphones, so please don't think we are ignoring you 
wink.gif
 We may just not have good ideas for you.

Feb 3, 2012 at 2:29 AM Post #3 of 3
Another popular compact option for around $185 is the Sennheiser HD25-1 mk2.

There are many other options if you don't mind a larger headphone. A very popular one is the Audio Technica ATH-M50.

I guess others will mention the Ultrasone HFI-580 or HFi -780.

The Sony V6 or 7506 for around $100 is extremely sturdy, however it is more neutral in balance. Another option is the Sennheiser HD380 pro. The Shure SRH840 is also very popular. The  headphones mentioned in this paragraph are studio monitors, so they have a very flat frequency response. The headphones mentioned in the other paragraphs are extra bass ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back