Looking for a headphone pairing
Jul 9, 2023 at 4:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

RugbyPlayer

100+ Head-Fier
For home use i got a JDSLabs Element III, for music/movies/pc/console gaming paired with my HD800s.

Now I'm looking for a portable setup. Ill likely be traveling by train to LA, which is an overnight trip. I recently got a chord mojo 2, but im not sure what IEMs to go with them. Ill be using them with a switch/steamdeck/rog ally and then also with my ipad for watching movies/music during these trips. The sony Z1R's have me intrigued, but theyre also a few years old at this point, has something better come out?

Also...is the chord mojo 2 overkill if itll only be used with IEMs? I feel like it might be.

The other question i have, is a DAP, but for work it specifically cannot have WIFI or bluetooth, or any wireless capabilities of any kind. however, if it could play nice with apple dynamic playlists thatd be a plus, however im guessing im completely out of luck on that front.

Jul 11, 2023 at 3:59 PM Post #2 of 2
Z1R is great if you're a bit of a bass head, but many have issues with fit on them, so I'd strongly recommend going somewhere you can try them rather than buying blind. They're kind of their own unique thing - what had you looking at them? That's going to be a massive departure from the HD800.

Also, I wouldn't say the Mojo 2 is overkill unless budget is a concern; more power is always a "nice to have" and you can always add a Poly if you want to make it wireless later, which is nice in terms of flexibility. That said, is it more power than you're going to need for just about any IEM? Yeah.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back