Looking for a headphone and a portable amp
Mar 13, 2015 at 7:01 PM Post #31 of 41
wink.gif

LOL. Here is the full side. 

Looks like Amazon/USPS have changed their way of packaging. 

Mar 13, 2015 at 8:48 PM Post #34 of 41
Hook them up to your phone, your computer. You won't hurt them. See what happens. :)

Oh, and if you or a friend has an audio/video receiver or integrated amp for speakers, those usually drive 250 ohm headphone pretty well.

Mar 13, 2015 at 8:52 PM Post #35 of 41
Hook them up to your phone, your computer. You won't hurt them. See what happens.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oh, and if you or a friend has an audio/video receiver or integrated amp for speakers, those usually drive 250 ohm headphone pretty well.

Sweet. I wasn't sure how they will sound without an amp. Will it give it a shot. 

I have a Yamaha HTR 3064 receiver. Would that work? Please tell me YES! 
happy_face1.gif

Mar 13, 2015 at 8:57 PM Post #36 of 41
Good chance it would drive them well. Hard to know (receiver manufacturers are not very forth coming about the headphone amp potential--it's kind of a crapshoot). But Yamaha does have Silent Cinema on your receiver, which is a virtual surround for headphones feature. Try it with a good movie :)

Mar 13, 2015 at 9:04 PM Post #37 of 41
Good chance it would drive them well. Hard to know (receiver manufacturers are not very forth coming about the headphone amp potential--it's kind of a crapshoot). But Yamaha does have Silent Cinema on your receiver, which is a virtual surround for headphones feature. Try it with a good movie
smily_headphones1.gif

What else can I possibly be doing on a Friday evening. Time to get to work 
gs1000.gif

Thanks for your inputs, cel4145. 

Mar 13, 2015 at 9:35 PM Post #38 of 41
What else can I possibly be doing on a Friday evening. Time to get to work :gs1000smile:

Thanks for your inputs, cel4145. 

Glad to help. I'm going to sit down and watch the Imitation Game. Not really a headphone movie, though.

If you want to have fun with bass, be sure to try one of the four to five star movies from this list: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-subwoofers-bass-transducers/1333462-new-master-list-bass-movies-frequency-charts.html

Mar 13, 2015 at 9:49 PM Post #39 of 41
I use an iBasso D-Zero Mk2 for my laptop and phone dac/amp duties. It drives the DT 990 Pro 250ohm just fine. I've been very happy with its performance. Not a desktop unit but it sure does a great job in my opinion. Cost should be around 119. 

Mar 13, 2015 at 11:32 PM Post #40 of 41
  I use an iBasso D-Zero Mk2 for my laptop and phone dac/amp duties. It drives the DT 990 Pro 250ohm just fine. I've been very happy with its performance. Not a desktop unit but it sure does a great job in my opinion. Cost should be around 119. 

Do you happen to know where the item was made? I couldn't find the information from their website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back