Looking for a great CD player with S/PDIF out
Oct 31, 2016 at 3:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

franzdom

500+ Head-Fier
Looking for a great CD player with S/PDIF out, for playing into an Yggy and possibly ripping to computer.
Surely there has to be something better than a $30 Lite-On drive for my computer.
Recommendations for a stand-alone CD player please?

Oct 31, 2016 at 4:43 PM Post #2 of 5
  Looking for a great CD player with S/PDIF out, for playing into an Yggy and possibly ripping to computer.
Surely there has to be something better than a $30 Lite-On drive for my computer.
Recommendations for a stand-alone CD player please?

Most home stereo CD or DVD players would have a spdif output on them. Are you specifically looking for a PC drive like an external USB CD-rom drive with S/PDIF?

Oct 31, 2016 at 5:15 PM Post #3 of 5
After a bit of research I am looking for recommendations and feedback on transports like Cambridge Audio CXC or NAD ... mid-fi transports.

Nov 3, 2016 at 6:09 PM Post #5 of 5
The Oppo looks good. I am going to try the Cambridge CXC because I have Yggy for my DAC. If the transport isn't quiet and nice I may have to return it for Yamaha CD-S700 or NAD C-568 (new). I don't know, I like the smaller height of the Cambridge but not the plastic drawer front. I bet I would like that Yamaha because I prefer Japanese stuff to Chinese but it's a lot older. hmm...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back