Looking for a great balanced IEM for <$100
Aug 13, 2013 at 1:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

8ballslackz

New Head-Fier
Hey guys!

So this serves as an introduction/recommendation thread as this is my first post. I'm very interested in audiophile culture and the gear that goes along with it, but I've found the IEM reviews to be a bit overwhelming. I'm looking for a pair that will be used for portable music players (HTC Android phone, Asus tablet, etc.). I listen to really all varieties of music, but I lean a bit towards the rock/metal spectrum. I've owned Sennheiser IEMs and over-the-ear headphones before and loved them, but I've never spent more than $50 on any listening device. I'd like to test the waters a bit by spending around twice that on a nice set of IEMs.

What would you guys recommend? I'll most likely be purchasing these online so availability in stores is obviously not a concern.

Thanks!!

Aug 13, 2013 at 4:05 PM Post #3 of 5
I might be coerced into stretching the budget, but only for a truly fantastic bang-for-buck option. The reviews for the R-50 are pretty positive, but I've seen more than a few comment on the lackluster build quality. For $120, I'd prefer to have IEMs that will last for awhile.

Aug 13, 2013 at 8:08 PM Post #4 of 5
I think the gr07mkii for 130$ is a great bargain for your music genres. It's well balanced, great quality bass that extends deep and to me had a very natural feel to it great for vocals and instruments. Excellent build quality and the best cord period lol.

Was pretty much the rave last year and a headfi fav.

Aug 13, 2013 at 8:13 PM Post #5 of 5
The MEElectronics A161P is a good sounding IEM for the price. Here's a review: http://anythingbutipod.com/2012/05/meelectronics-a161p-iem/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back