Looking for a great 2.1 desktop experience.....? HELP
Feb 21, 2014 at 10:36 PM Post #16 of 25
Yeah. I would bet something like the SB12 could cost you $40 or more depending on where it's being shipped from and where to.

What state do you live in?

Feb 21, 2014 at 10:52 PM Post #19 of 25
D'oh! I forgot.

This is for your computer setup, right? If you locate the SB12-NSD nearfield, within 3 feet or so of where you are sitting, you'll get the full bass effect out of it while sitting at your computer. It just won't fill a room that large very well. There's often discussion on the AVS subwoofer forum about nearfield usage in large rooms if you want to learn more (or ask a question).

I'd say definitely go for if that's the primary listening use.

Feb 21, 2014 at 10:55 PM Post #20 of 25
D'oh! I forgot.

This is for your computer setup, right? If you locate the SB12-NSD nearfield, within 3 feet or so of where you are sitting, you'll get the full bass effect out of it while sitting at your computer. It just won't fill a room that large very well. There's often discussion on the AVS subwoofer forum about nearfield usage in large rooms if you want to learn more (or ask a question).

I'd say definitely go for if that's the primary listening use.

I'll definitely check it out :)  Thanks for the heads-up man !!  It would be really close to my computer desk, within 5 feet for sure.  

Feb 23, 2014 at 11:50 PM Post #22 of 25
Hooked up the Infinity's today :)  The AVR rocks them pretty damn good for only 30watts!!!  I'm very impressed so far.  I plan to tweak and fiddle with the setup a bit and see what type of sound I can get.  I can already tell that a subwoofer will only get me in trouble.  I listen to my music loud and think investing in my headphone setup next would be far more beneficial in the long run.  I'm drastically missing the low-end response but I know it will get me in trouble...  

Too..... Much......Temptation 

Feb 24, 2014 at 12:08 AM Post #23 of 25
Awesome! Are you talking about the AVR146? It's listed as 40 watts stereo, .07% THD continuous. That's pretty good. Most people don't realize that you are rarely ever using more than a couple of watts unless you are running your system really loud or sitting very far away. Then the Infinity Primus 250 are rated 92db sensitivity, which helps a good bit on getting loud. That means you only need 8 watts to hit 101db. LOL

Feb 24, 2014 at 12:55 AM Post #24 of 25
It's 30 watts per channel unless it's in a specific 2 speaker stereo mode, then the channels are bumped to 40 watts.  I think that's what I read anyway :p  I'm very happy with the sound!  They are exactly would I was looking for sonically.  Something accurate and flat with enough nuts to get loud when I really want em' to.  I'll do some real critical listening and tuning over the next few days and see if I can hold off on the subwoofer.  Or if I'm beating a dead horse and end up buying one anyway :p      

Users who are viewing this thread

Back